Problem Statement :
After developing (creating) a report from Pentaho Report Designer(PRD) most us will be curious to know , how the report looks from end user point of view. We need to publish this in Pentaho User Console(PUC) for look and feel of reports. Most people will be finding it difficult to know, where do we need publish this report to make it available for end user and what will be the publish password
Scope of this Article:
This topic helps to you know, where does the publish password is saved in system files and it also provide little of bit of exposure to configuration files in Pentaho business intelligence server
- Pentaho Report Designer ( any version )
- Pentaho BI server ( any version )
- Find publish option under file menu tab.
- You can find a dialogue box for Repository login .
- Fully Qualified URL to be used http://localhost:8080/pentaho/ (If BI server is hosted in different machine , you need to specify its path Ex:- http://192.xxx.x.xxx:8080/pentaho )
- login by default username: joe and password: password and select ok.
- Specify the filename of the report
- Browse location where you want to save the report
- Specify the output type
- Enter the publish password (You can know publish password in publisher_config.xml file located in biserver-ee\pentaho-solutions\system) and click ok.
- If the report is published successfully then you will see the following dialog box
- Report is published successfully
This article helps you to Publish PRPT reports to BIserver.
Walking Tree promotes Pentaho and we support the corporates as well as the developers to ensure that the business is able to take complete advantage of Pentaho’s wonderful capability. In case you are looking for a professional assistance then do visit our website to get in touch with us.