Problem Statement :
Many times we come across a need to use transformation as data source for a report. Pentaho Report designer supports this kind of requirement. It allows Transformation or Job as data source. It also has support to use report parameters as transformation parameters
Scope of this Article:
This article helps you the usage of transformation (ktr ) as data source of pentaho report.
Pentaho Report Designer 3.6.0 GA (or) above
- Create a table named year_val with following data
- Create a transformation that reads data from year_val table for specific year and loads into a file. Year as a parameter to the transformation. Save the transformation
- Open a new prpt report , Right click on data sets , select pentaho data integration . click on ‘+’ add a new data source ,give a name to it. Browse the transformation file that we created in step2.click on preview to get column name.
- Get year and month fields to details, add year as parameter to prpt , go back to data source and click on ‘edit parameter’ option and add parameter’s at transformation Parameter and Transformation Arguments.
- Please find the layout of prpt from below snap shot
- Save and run the prpt report from PUC.
This article helps you to understand in detail ,how transformation can be used as Datasource in PRD
Walking Tree promotes Pentaho and we support the corporates as well as the developers to ensure that the business is able to take complete advantage of Pentaho’s wonderful capability. In case you are looking for a professional assistance then do visit our website to get in touch with us.