Applying different colors to each line in report is becoming common need these days. Pentaho Provides an inbuilt facility to Apply different colors or alternative colors to each line in the Report output using row banding.
Scope of this Article:
This article explains the usage of row banding step for alternate colors
Pentaho Report Designer 3.5.0 GA or above
- Create a new report that select few fields from the table.
- Drag the values to details pane .
- Select band from the palette
- drag it on to the details.
- Now place the band for selected values in details.
- Goto format and select the row banding function
- Then a dialog box appears as the following
- In the above screenshot I am selecting gray and light gray color as Visible and invisible color respectively.
- You can observe the Report with alternative selected colors in below snapshot
Row banding in report designer save lot of development efforts compare to using formula option.
Walking Tree promotes Pentaho and we support the corporates as well as the developers to ensure that the business is able to take complete advantage of Pentaho’s wonderful capability. In case you are looking for a professional assistance then do visit our website to get in touch with us.